9/1/09

Cinderella!!!

Hi everyone! Today I tried out for the play 'Cinderella' for Lexington Youth Theatre. This will be my second time doing theatre. Two years ago I was a munchkin in 'The Wizard of Oz'. It was a ton of fun too!

It was kind of funny, because at first I had no desire to do theatre again, because when I did 'The Wizard of Oz', tech week was tedious, a girl vomited right in front of me, my dressing room was horrible...yea you get the point. But for some odd reason I decided I would give theatre another shot. So many people including my BFF, Kiley, told me that I should try out. So what do ya know...I did. I honestly have no clue what made me want to do theatre again.

The tryouts went great today though. I was in the very first group of 10 (they divided us up). First the choreographer taught us a dance for Cinderella (she was super nice too), then one at a time, each person tried out. I was a bit nervous at first, but once I actually 'tried out' I wasn't nervous at all.

When it was my turn to try out, I auditioned in front of four people: the director, a lady, and two other men. They asked me my name and what I was going to sing and all of that 'stuff'; so then I sang the chorus 'Free to be Me' by Francesca Badistelli. That's one of my favorite songs EVER!!!

Well, I better go now. I just wanted to let you all know about the audition. I will know what part(s) I have this weekend.

Oh, and also, my good friend Emily Grace tried out yesterday, so hopefully we will see each other when the practices are! I tried out for a small speaking part and then for....anything!

Ok, seriously, I have to go now.

~A.G.~ :D :O :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that song too. Best of luck and I can't wait to hear all about it once you start practices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, being a theater mom I sure hope you stick with it and that you land the part you want. I love that my girls are involved with theater. It is so good on many levels. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Go Anna! :D You HAVE to keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments!