4/6/10

Down in the South

Have you ever been to SC? My mom grew up down here in the kawntry and the fam and I come down here to visit for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and once during the summer.

It's so peaceful out in my grandparents neighborhood.....the scent of magnolias, the sound of active little birds, it's just so......peaceful.

I love it each morning when I wake up in the tiny little guest bedroom, and I wake up to the sound of lawn mowers and birds chirping. Love it, love it, love it!
-----------------------------------------------

We have been pretty busy down here too. Yesterday we went shopping for probably 4 1/2 hours. My grandmother bought my mom a whole new WARDROBE of clothing (and oh my gosh, she tried on sooo much clothing, we spent a good 1 1/2 just watching her try on outfit, after outfit, after outfit, AFTER OUTFIT).

I noticed something after we went shopping too, everything that I got was pink. A pink hoody, a pink spaghetti strap dress, and hot pink soffe shorts. I guess you could say I like pink?

On Monday, we learned how to make chocolate meringue pies (which were VERY tasty, I must say). Whenever people would say that the meringue was made of 'egg whites' I ALWAYS thought it was the 'white shell' of the egg. But Monday, I learned that it was the liquidy goodness inside of the egg.

----------------------------------------------

We're going to be traveling back home today. We will probably leave around 1:00 or so (it takes us 3 1/2 hrs. from SC alllll the way to Thomasville, NC).

Hopefully this evening I can post a few pictures of the trip.

Hope you all have had a great week, and blog to ya later!

♥ Happy Blogging ♥

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that's funny about the cake! I would have thought the same thing...it wasn't until now that I figured out that "egg whites" were the inside, and not the shell. xD

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments!