3/10/11

Mild and Marvelous Muffins

I promise I won't keep bombarding you all with recipes, but you have to, have to, have to try this one! These are positively, absolutely, without a doubt, delicioso!


Tonight after supper, I had a bit of a sweet tooth and thought something mild yet still a bit sweet would be ideal. After searching around the web, I decided to make mini maple chocolate chip muffins from Bakerella. Turns out, we had everything except for buttermilk, so I found a recipe very similar to the original one. And let me tell you, they are w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l and super easy to make.

Not only are these teensy little muffins adorable, but did I mention that they taste heavenly? ;) Here is what you will need/need to do to whip these up:

1/2 cup sugar
 1/4 cup shortening
 1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cup. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-13 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.










^If you feel so inclined to do so, add your trademark.


What are you waiting for? Stop reading and start baking!

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* if only I had some chocolate chips! And flour, for that matter. We only have whole wheat. I absolutely adore muffins. I actually made some farina muffins yesterday. . .so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...these look incredible. Yes. Please! :)

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments!