12/7/11

two girls and an omelet


What I love about my friends, is that we are not afraid to see each other bummed out every now and then. As in, zero makeup, hair unfixed, baggy knit pants and T-shirts.

Last Thursday was one of those days. As I was in the process of quickly slathering on eyeliner and doing a crappy mascara job, I suddenly stopped and thought, Why am I doing this? I am just going over to Beth's house. She won't care.



To my relief, she wasn't all fancy for me either. No makeup and just some hang out clothes. By the way - Beth totally rocks knit pants.



We also don't feel obligated to be all perfect and gourmet when it comes to food. For lunch? We munched on English muffins with warm, melted butter, bright yellow omelets sprinkled with cheese, homemade oreos, and hot chocolate. Good with me.




I like my friends. Each of us don't have an expectation the other feels like they should live up to. True, we do like to spruce up the majority of the time - but when we are unable to, we don't have a freak out session and such. Isn't that part of what a true friend is? They love you and accept you for who you are.



And my friends really must love me. Because I sure do not look ideal in the morning. Ahem.



Beth is one of those friends. She didn't care that I wasn't all fixed up. In between chit-chatting and laughing {a whole lot} we sipped our hot cocoa and simply enjoyed life.



Simplicity. I like it.

12 comments:

  1. om nom. that all looks so great!

    i love having friends that don't care what you wear or how you're feeling, they just love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh. hello, hot chocolate. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't know how lucky you are to have friends who love you for who you are and not what you look like. so many girls judge their friends simply by the way they dress or do their make-up when it's really what's inside that counts. your friend beth sounds lovely, and i'm glad that you are able to be yourself around your friends. those homemade oreos look absolutely amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how fun! My friends and I are like that as well - Isn't it nice to know you can just relax and *really* be yourself? :)

    Love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN! I have the best friends ever... :)

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness -- these pictures are so gorgeous I think I'm going to go crazy! :) Seriously.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love me friends so much! sounds like you had a great time just hanging out, haha. I could use some of that right now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww....so cute! Love the pics! BTW.....u totally rock T-shirts <3
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHOO! I love my friends :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is nice. I love my friends too =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Friends like that are the icing on life. :) Love the pictures! They are absoloutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, don't you just love good friends? They're so wonderful. Your Beth sounds a lot like my Hannah :)

    Oh, and one extra word: yum.

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments!