9/2/13

Haiti, part 2||the mountains shake before You.

Those haunting questions begin to creep into my mind. What if I get sick? What if the heat is unbearable? What if I'm unable to sleep? What if the airplane is rough? What if my nervousness gets to me and I can't eat the entire week? What if I come back with some foreign disease? 

"Worrying is not an option."

I struggle with irrational fears. I struggle with creating irrational scenarios. I struggle with worrying myself sick with my irrational ideas.

What I have had to realize though, is that through Jesus, I have the power to overcome those fears. The chorus of Great I Am keeps coming to mind:


"The mountains shake before You the demons run in fear
At the mention of the name King of Majesty
There is no power in hell
Or any who can stand
Before the power and the presence of the great I AM"


I may be scared, I may have fears, I may come up with crazy scenarios, but what I have to continually cling to is that through Jesus, I can overcome. Worrying is not an option for this trip. I have to keep remembering my purpose and why I am doing this.

I am gong to fulfill God's duty. It is as simple as that. He has called me, and I am responding to that call.

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I do love comments!