5/23/12

South Escape


Click. "Oh I LOVE that!" Click. "Whoa, look at this!" is an accurate imitation of how the weekend sounded (Yes, we took pictures. Lots of 'em too).  I was able to spend the weekend at my grandparents' house with my friend, Kiley. Fortunately, she is a photo junkie like me and we therefore photographed the entire weekend. No, literally.


The weekend also consisted of testing out our patience with birds, consuming far too much sugar, laughing way more than is possibly good for the soul, brainstorming ideas for our musical (...), attempting self portraits, singing nonstop, and sitting out in the road eating ice cream at dusk.


You all would be head over heels for my grandparents' yard. I'm talking googillions of photo opportunities. I think we should rent a school bus and you all should travel with me to their yard. Heck, if we do that, we may as well tour around the country. Sound good?




Pause for a moment. We also attempted to look like hipsters. Whatever that is. Eh, moving on...





Oh yes! How could I forget? We had our first vintage photo shoot. With an old cotton jacket, Minolta camera, 50's fur hat and scarf, we were ready to conquer the world...er...take pictures, I mean.



That about sums it up.

How do you spend your weekends?

p.s. poor little bella vita is in desperate need of a new design. Do you guys have any ideas? Or know anybody who gives free designs? Or do you give free designs?

8 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures!

    i normally spend my weekends doing absolutely nothing, or going to town. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeep! I had so much fun. Best weekend EVER. :D

    Kiley

    P.S. ...I spend my weekends taking pictures with you at your grandparent's house while singing and eating far, FAR too much sugar...etc. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I...need...you...to...(fill in the blank)." :)

      Delete
  3. Fun. I could give you a new design if you like...header and button for free. I'm not the best,but you could always try me out and see if you like what I make. ;) If not, that just fine or if you don't like what I do make ya its still fine with me, I would get to practice doing it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love those "vintage" inspired photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun. You girls are both so adorable! I love the last two shots. Her outfit and the black and white are perfect together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you take that picture of the hummingbird?! That's amazing! I've ALWAYS wanted to take a photo of a hummingbird! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Thank you so, so, so much! Lots of prayer + patience went into that Hummingbird photo. Ha! :)

      Delete

I do love comments!